Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hymnal: Credo

This not my credo
It's a battle cry, a rally call.
In the day of phones and facebook,
why am I on this stage alone?
Everybody wants to be
left alone here in the valley
Showing up occasionally with their capos and their spit
to play another prom-night hit.

So why study study study,
or keep it clean clean clean?
When we could bloody bloody bloody
up this agoraphobic scene.

Because nothing gets changed
if the rules stay the same
And I know I'm to blame,
for not breaking these chains.

But I'm just one man
and it doesn't matter how much of one.
Six feet four at the gates of hell
and twenty years of being held,
then splitting in bleakness' eye.
Before that monster raised it's fist,
blackening mine.
Turned more great kids
into apathetic young minds.

I hope that this reaches you where you sit,
and you think I sounded like shit.
You tell someone close that you could do better
Do it
Do it
For God's sake do it!

No comments: